Competitors at the first race of the New World Center City Duathlon series were treated to a glorious morning at Brighton. The trip from Cromwell by Steven Morrison and his family was worth the effort, taking 1st in the men’s division and recording the fastest individual time of the day. Rounding out the podium was Anthony Rowcroft and Alex Dodds.
There was close racing amongst the women with Junior, Anna Kean, just beating Holly Pawson with Sarah Warner only 1 minute further back. The teams division
was won by two outstanding personal-best runs from Year 9 boy, Walter Savage (OBHS), along with his rider, Ian Graham.
Sprint Road Bike (5km run, 25 ride, 2.5km run)
1. Steven Morrison (Open): 1:08:19
2. Anthony Rowcroft (Vet): 1:10:06
3. Alex Dodds (Open): 1:12:38
1. Anna Kean (Jnr): 1:18:18
2. Holly Pawson (Open): 1:18:27
3. Sarah Sanderson Warner (Open): 1:19:36
Have-a-go (2.5km run, 10km road ride, 2.5km run)
1. Shea Darwen (Youth): 40:38
2. Matheson Colquhoun (Youth): 41:17
1. Anna Clark (Jnr): 43:58
2. Melissa Wilson (Open): 47:01
Sprint Mountain Bike (5km run, 10km MTB, 2.5km run)
1. Kerrin Williams (Vet): 54:11
2. Dean Pearce (Vet): 1:00:03
1. Haley Van Leeuwen (Open): 1:06:09
Full results available below.